Friday, April 17, 2009

Saturday FUN MULCH!

Have you heard about the new exercise routine that's sweeping the nation??? It only happens once a year and it's at MY HOUSE!!!

The SATURDAY FUN MULCH!
This Saturday at 1PM ONLY ::glares at Diablo:: at Bill's house! NOT Diablo's!
  • Intensive Cardio program: take a 40lb bag of mulch and run to one of the thousand flower beds my wife has - repeat until all the bags are gone
  • Relaxing Lower Back cool down: Tear open the bag (good shoulder workout!) and spread the mulch all over the beds - repeat until all the bags are empty
BE THERE FOR THE WORKOUT OF THE YEAR!!!


I did the total body thing today and spoke with Diablo a bit about my ABS stuff. I got up very early and got through the routine OK. I'm in a much better mood than yesterday because I'm formulating a plan and we all know what a good planner I am! But honestly just trying to address my problems helps - so lets see how that goes.

I managed to do a total of thirty-four (one set of 20, second set 14) reverse SB crunches keeping in mind Bubbles, "Form over quantity" mantra. I did some standing supermans and am gonna tackle this thing :-)

Whatcha Gonna Do?

I sat in my office and pondered my ABS problem. I decided that I would start with two things:
  1. Clean up the blog
  2. Research AB routines
At first I was going to enlist Bubbles on this and had even sent her an email but I later retracted it. Like I bored on in The Reservation sooner or later it's on you. This is on me, Bubbles has already modified my Total Body Routine for more lower back and ABS work.

I also realized that it's not practical to expect any level of performance or improvement if I'm going to show up at ABS completely exhausted. I got what I deserved, in spades. So I have a scheduling problem at the moment. I can switch the Total Bodies to T-R-S and do the aerobic work on M-W-F but I want to think about it some.

On the research front I of course already had an ABS link on the sidebar. I'll eventually decide how to tackle that problem. It's Thursday evening and I've already started work cleaning up the blog sidebar and began preliminary research on ABS workouts. What it's going to come down to is just do it nimrod instead of sitting on a big comfy chair blogging thinking about doing it.
sigh At the moment I'm not in the mood - that's one of the things that's appealing about ABS, it was scheduled and there was a certain peer pressure in showing up for mutual suffering, a commitment I need to find a substitute for.

I also reacquainted myself with my goals and readjusted them into more of a priority order. Like the spin bike lady said - focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment