Saturday, April 18, 2009

Team Bubble-U Does it AGAIN!

Yep, once again the legendary Team Bubble-U brought it! First and foremost thanks to ALL of you who donated to the cause of fighting multiple sclerosis. I'll email instructions on getting off the dumb MS mailing list for those who donated online. I'm mildly irritated at that they ask us to form a team and then go and get donations and if someone donates online then they ask them to form a team and the email this year IMO has been pushy or just a lot of it.

Still it's a worthy cause and a NASTY disease so thanks so much!

I had a rough time sleeping last night due to my anticipation of the FUN MULCH! so everything about the prelude to the walk annoyed me. We had some women giving speeches while we milled around like so much cattle not listening. I almost lost it when she did a count down like it was a race or something. I wanted to enjoy the day and walk through the zoo for our two mile trek and get to the bling at the end of it.

The day was gorgeous and we saw some creatures that normally weren't active like the wolves and a red panda. We crossed the finish line being cheered by a group of Brownies, one gave me some beads! The rough economic times were mirrored by the bling this year. What I mean by that is there was only one pharmaceutical company that showed up and we picked up one of those pool backpacks and a pen, last year there were many more companies. I'm not complaining but it was interesting. Just cure the disease OK?

Panera bread provided some breakfast and that was great. It's interesting how this exercise thing is effecting me more and more. I walked past the chips and candy with a minor pang of want and got a banana, apple and blueberry bagel.

Because of your generosity our humble, unsponsored team raised $435!!! You ROCK!

Here's a map of our arduous two mile death march

We then went to my daughter's soccer game and when we returned the mulch was here!

I waited around all afternoon carbo-loading on beer waiting for you guys to show up for the Saturday FUN MULCH but I must have miscommunicated it in some way.

I meant THIS Saturday y'all NOT next Saturday!

Well, I'll just reschedule it for Monday after work, that way I can get word out - I'm sure we'll be in the mood for mulching then!

A brief glance at the McBeal poll tells me that Ally's lock on her name is looking a tad wobbly. Twenty percent of the people want wallFlower. Perhaps the tide is turning on her dark cabal.

No comments:

Post a Comment