Saturday, April 4, 2009

Don't Try This at Home!

I did an hour of low tempo on the recombinant. MarathonMan came in and strapped into the recombinant next to me hell bent on doing 11.5 miles in thirty minutes, his innate efficiency demanding it. He figures Emenem should be able to lash him into the necessary frenzy to meet his goal. I mention I have an extensive Emenem collection and like him. MarathonMan speaks a nearer truth, "I like some of him."

MarathonMan's achilles is bugging him so he's laying off the running. He plugs in the ear-buds and goes. I continue to amble along, I'm sweating, I'm getting the workout I need, at the end of it the machine told me I burned off 550 calories. While that was going on MarathonMan had hopped on a elliptical needing more.

I go home, and get the bikes up to speed pumping up the tires, oiling chains. We then go to my daughter's soccer game on a trek that would make Lance Armstrong blanch!

The Garmin DOES NOT LIE (well maybe about calories burned when walking the beach, I glare at my California stats). Yep, that's right an average cadence of 32 rotations per minute!!! AND another 155 calories in the fat bucket. Uh huh, I'm DA MAN!

But Bill, how did you accomplish such a feat of athleticism? Honestly my T/E ratio was well below the permitted 4:1 ratio. HONEST! (trying hard not to sound like Floyd Landis). My wife tested me... We nearly froze to death on the field forgetting how the wind whips up. My daughter's team defeated.

Next I fertilized the lawn! My endurance obviously boundless. I employed the pattern passed down from my father's father to my father to me and May 30th to my son and/or daughter. I'll show it to you because I know your puny minds wont be able to decipher its intricacy!

BEHOLD!
An argument for not drinking beer before fertilizing the lawn

Another .31 miles logged. And lets not forget the 90 calories burned probably when I fertilized the roof (it needed it) and the neighbor's lawn (no comment).

Was I done? Don't make me laugh!

Back to the gym with my hottie wife this time. She's very pleased with her performance today going 25mins on the elliptical including the cool down. A milestone for her and I'm proud of her. She then did a 3-5-8 RackRun! or two (I don't know I was in the sauna by that time).

While she was on the elliptical I did three sets of 3-5-8-10-12-15 bicep curls RackRuns!. That was tough for me, particularly the third run. Then I grabbed the darned stability ball and did two sets of SB Reverse Crunches 20 each followed by pelvic tilts (same sets and count). Then I did two sets of those standing supermans thingies Bubbles showed me. I need to toughen up that lower back of mine.

THEN I was done, took a hard nap and now I'm sitting here waiting for the Carolina game to start which is in about three hours.

GO HEELS!

No comments:

Post a Comment