Friday, April 3, 2009

The Gospel According to goodMood

"Well if you're going to spend time doing it, you might as well do it right," says goodMood happily from the Roman Chair. I'm struggling with Lateral Lunge Medicine Ball Flexions, some awful thing Bubbles has come up with to make me a better, more rounded individual. I did ONE before she suddenly appeared at my side explaining patiently the correct way to do it. One of the things I love about the trainers here, they never pass on increasing your suffering - seriously though they keep an eye on you - if you're doing it wrong you'll hear about it.

After she wandered off I began to quietly complain about it while sweat ran down my brow eliciting goodMood's comment. I stare the reflection of the wreck that is me with cynical eyes when I hear him.

I labor to get the dumb medicine ball over my stupid head since my shoulders are starting to ache and do another correct lunge. The thing is goodMood is right of course and this mental revelation seems to make it a bit better.

I am choosing to spend time at this so what's the point of doing it if not to the best of my abilities?

On my second set I go from the 8lb medicine ball to the 6lb one, it doesn't matter at that point my shoulders are shot. Stoopid shoulders. I try to remember to keep my hips thrusted back for correct form feeling like a total dork and starting to smile, goodMood has lifted my spirits.

It's one of the things I love about the guy. I don't know him real well but he's always in the gym during my 'shift' and he is always in a good mood! He teaches by example, just doing his thing infecting all of us with his great attitude.

He's writing a book you know.

Well he is if ponyTail, Diablo and I have our druthers. This came about when Diablo referenced the word "intentionalizing" bringing every geek in the gym online and a thousand Google searches followed in an effort to see if the word actually existed. "Intentionalizing" is currently living life as a trendy 'street' word awaiting birth in Websters. It probably will become one soon. Anyway ponyTail has already outlined the book by chapter, we're up to chapter five I think:
  1. Adding to the contents of our word toolbox … Increasing your vocabulary and impressing your friends
  2. CBO … Character Building Opportunities and You
  3. There’s a life lesson for you… How the things you do teach you how to live
  4. People helping People… that is what we do
  5. A pulse and a paycheck.. (in that order)
So when you next see him ask him how the book is coming along!

In other news and as you all know I strive for total accuracy in my blog:

awesomeGirl reports she uses Extra Light Olive Oil, not Extra Virgin. A pity given my penchant for irritating Gragno, the god of lower back pain, offering him extra light will only irritate him since he'll think I'm making fun of his weight (again).

allyMcBeal went on the FunRun yesterday and had a deer in the headlights stare when reporting back, "They are crazy! I had to jog just to keep up with their power walk!"

Have a great weekend all and GO TARHEELS! :-)

2 comments:

  1. got to add 2 more chapters to goodMood's book:
    6. Then he's gotta go... How to get rid of unpleasant people in your life.
    and i think you just found
    7. Well if you're going to spend time doing it, you might as well do it right... getting the most out of the things you choose to do

    -pT

    ReplyDelete
  2. got to add 2 more chapters to goodMood's book

    It would be just like goodMood to get us to write the thing for him! He'd call it a CBO :-)

    Then he's gotta go... How to get rid of unpleasant people in your life.

    He was talking about me wasn't he? ::grin::

    ReplyDelete