Sunday, March 15, 2009

Turtle Training #1

My son is in Boy Scouts and there's an upcoming campout, that occurs something like every four years called 'The Turtle.' He's dying to go on it so we're training for it along with his troop. It's a pretty brutal thing for a kid, nine miles in with a backpack, spending the night and then hiking out.

His troop did a practice run of five miles yesterday but he had another commitment and couldn't make it so we did our own version today. We did six miles up and back along a path at a local park.

It kicked my butt and I'm gonna take a nap - LOL - but we gotta get him to be able to carry a pack with about forty pounds in it, tent, sleeping bag and water etc. It's going to be an experience!

For me it was additional training for the upcoming Team Bubble-U walk. I'm going to gab about that in a separate entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment