Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It Takes a Village

The stair climber took more out of me than I thought when I was la-la-la-ing around yesterday on an endorphin high coupled with the success of actually doing it! So it was something of an unmotivated total body workout today - plus my attention is being diverted by thoughts of the South and heading down to NC.

So not a lot to report today. Oh! Oh! There was this. I stagger into the gym about 5:50am and hop on the one open elliptical which was mine thank heavens and look around.

OK, what is going on? All three elliptical, all three treadmills, both stair climbers and one upright bike were in use at ten minutes to six in the morning! One dude had to wait for a treadmill!

::grabs the reader by the chin:: PAY ATTENTION!

He

Had

To

WAIT!

If this continues I'll be getting up at three AM, and inevitably (this always happens), the killing will start as highly trained athletes jockey for cardio-machines. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Later, doing my time on a recombinant I notice IronMan at play. He's got one of those plastic steps that you um step on because it's a step and he's got it set to the highest setting. He straddles it, does a squat, leaps up and lands on the step, hops off and repeats, ten times I think, fast.

He staggers down the hall all puffy and winded, comes back in and does it again. Other than the breathing he's making it look pretty darned easy and I'm starting to develop an eye for these things and it's anything but easy. I ask if maybe he should hold some eight pound dumbbells for the next set.

The maniac runs over to some corner and straps on ankle weights, "Don't worry they're the light ones," he gleefully calls out and proceeds to do ten more. Everyone's flabbergasted eyes are on him at this point.

I swear if his name wasn't IronMan it would be 'Mikey' he'll try anything!

I cleaned up before Diablo talked to me about this spot light thing. I'm really honored they'd consider me for such a thing, I only had one question and that had to do with how wide this thing was published... you know... because of the warrants.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment