Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm Done!

It's five thirty in the morning and I'm sitting down goofing on the computer when one of my nephews comes down and proceeds to give me color commentary on this Webkinz game he's playing on the computer. He's a hoot. I'm half listening to him, "Uncle Bill I just hit a tree!"

"That's good."

"No, that's BAD Uncle Bill!"

Suddenly he leaps up announcing he has to go to the bathroom and runs down the hall. He's of the age where he runs everywhere. I return to writing yesterday's blog entry.

Announcing in a loud voice from the guest bathroom he calls out, "Uncle Bill, I'm done!"

"Um, that's good!" I call back, I mean what the heck?

"I'm DOOOOOONE Uncle Bill!"

Suspicious, I climb out of the couch and head into the bathroom. He's sitting on the potty grinning ear to ear, "I'm done."

Oh no, "So what do you want me do?"

"You're suppose to wipe me Uncle Bill!"

sigh

Allowing my sister to sleep in and having performed my duties as an uncle I wash my hands ninety times and head back to the laptop.

Later in the morning we head out to the Trump National Golf Course. My sister telling us it's a fun place to walk the trails. So off we went. This is the course we walked my daughter providing background complaining ("This is BORING!").


Initially it was jacket weather but as the day heated up it got better. Here's some of what it looked like from the ground:

Heading off down the trails

A FunRun hill possibility?

My daughter became an expert lizard spotter

OK picture this, we're walking along these trails, this billion dollar Trump golf course just above us along with its expensive condos nearby. Sitting above this across a highway are these (I imagine) incredibly expensive mansions with pristine views of the cove along with the Catalina Island just off to the left. Most are really pretty except for this property devaluing one, pea green???

I took this picture because I knew you wouldn't believe me

On Sunday we took a brief walk of my sister's neighborhood, looking for lizards and trouble. Here's the area where we're staying:

The neighborhood

I look at things for exercise suffering now.

FunRun Steps?

Now just to be clear my sister is married to theDude and they have two really rambunctious boys and they are wonderful, fun people. theDude is a serious surfer in his spare time, if the weather and water was a TAD warmer I might actually try to surf, this exercise gig making me more adventurous.

It makes me so adventurous that I decide to engage in a bit of fraud at the Aquarium in an attempt to save $20. In an Oscar worthy performance as theDude, Bill tries to get by on another family's membership.

Clerk: You're theDude?

Bill, voice an octave lower: Yep!

Clerk: Can I see some ID?

Bill: Fakes reaching for wallet, "I seem to have forgotten my wallet, she handles all the money anyway."

Smirking clerk: Turning computer screen away from Bill, "I just need to ask you some questions, what's your address?"

Bill: "Um... Via ::mumbles:: Rivdzqria," turns to fake wife, "Isn't that right honey?"

Treacherous, backstabbing sister, nothing but crickets, leaving her brother to dangle in the wind.

Clerk: You're not theDude are you?

sigh

Tomorrow is Universal - there will be no attempted fraud - I SWEAR IT!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Catalina Island the place that the semi-insane primary author of Apache Tomcat went all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! said semi-criminal fraud attempter with zero credibility.

    ::glares at Spidey:: Don't you DARE get my curiosity fired up over this, I'm on vacation DARN IT!

    ReplyDelete