Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sucky Tuesday

Sigh...

I'm starting to feel discouraged. I thought yesterday went really well for me. I felt good after the workout and fairly energetic at work. So much so that I rearranged my office into a fortress of solitude.

Anyway I got up this morning after nearly falling back to sleep and headed in. I set the sauna on at 180F and head for the bike. I do the usual 'fat burner' but go for fifty minutes at level 6. It just seems too hard so I dial it back to four and putter along trying to get my heart rate up and it's crawling up there but never gets that high.


While I'm plodding along on the bike I'm glancing around the gym. It's a really nice gym and there are a fair number of folk in it. One reason why is it closes early today because they're sticking in some high def televisions and kinda bragging about it.

I'm wondering if that's in the company's best interest (?) I mean this could keep you in the gym longer and back at your desk even more tired. Probably it is in their best interest. So I'm watching one of the amazing elliptical men just flying on the device. He's been in a few times but where's his god like glow? Is this my fate? To exercise my little heart out and NOT become the hidden, lascivious thought of thousands of women everywhere?

That sorta sucks. But on the good side my wife is um... never mind blush

So I do fifty-two minutes mopely wondering if I'm going to actually lose any weight head off to the sauna and can't even enjoy that. 180 is too cold! When did I enter a different circle of hell and require more heat? Whatever. Today is not one of my better days.

PLUS my cousin has just informed me that she can't find the heart rate monitor chest strap thingy for her Christmas present. I swear to God if I had a cat I would kick it right now!

So most of that fifty minutes was in zone two, bitter sigh with an average heart rate of 116 as opposed to yesterday's manly 143.

I go to the cafeteria and want to order a fried egg with bacon and cheese on it slapped between a HEAVILY buttered muffin with sausage patties on the side and lets not forget the hash browns OK? and then dump pepper and sweet life giving salt all over it!

I want to be BAD!

I get a bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee instead.

It's just another sucky Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment