Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday

Well I've called down the wrath :-) My trainer sent me an email yesterday, "Here is a stretch routine that you can add to your current cardio workouts. Please complete this routine at the end of workouts (at least 2 times per week) to decrease muscle soreness and increase your flexibility around your major joints." I guess she's gonna eliminate the Inflexible from The Supreme Inflexible Gummy Bear of my title, cuz flexible I ain't!

Well I was feeling pretty good about my workout today but if I was following my trainer correctly, she wants more! We walked around a bit and she showed me how to push my resting level up on the intervals for more fun, but according to that fancy machine I burned 400 calories.


There's still some confusion, mostly by me (WHY must I always be the confused one??!!) on this whole Max Heart Rate and 'zones' and what not. My goals are simple:
  1. Lose Weight
  2. Tone & Strengthen Muscles
I know I'll need #2 above once we discover what lies beneath all this flab.

So my trainer wants me hanging out around 144-154 bpm then FINE! (glares at trainer).

I kinda sorta tried the stretching thing after my marathon on the elliptical, remember when I first started and I couldn't do five minutes on the thing? No? Me either, that was in the ago.

Naturally I forgot my towel and was told of the 'paper towels and blow drier' technique but I recalled my trainer (I refuse to assign names since this is a public blog on the internet - so I don't mean for it to sound as frosty as it reads) saying they have spares. I managed to get a yummy brown one! After using it I put it in the washing machine like at good boy, as I've said, it's a nice facility!

So I race back here, notice its time for free doughnuts, race downstairs, and have a psychotic break. I get past the grill and get my coffee but then on the way back the aroma does me in. I ordered what I passed on earlier in the week. Plugged it into my calorie counter thingy and had a 1,059 calorie meal! Sigh. Stop looking at me like that, I'm only human! I can still have 1,698 calories today but it looks like a light lunch. I grabbed a doughnut for my wife on the way back up.

On my way to the shower, um let me rephrase that, after my workout while still fully clothed, I pop my head in the trainer's office and ask her what I should do tomorrow? She wants me to do a cardiogobblety-gook workout telling me that I can hop for ten minutes onto different machines if I want to, kinda implying I should. I'm not sure why since she wont get to see me face plant on the treadmill like I almost did when I thought I could show off and do my 'model runway walk' during my assessment last week. Good times, good times.

She says, "Go for thirty consecutive minutes with an average heart rate of 144 beats per minute and... bring me a shrubbery!"

I'm having fun :-) thank you wife for kicking me down this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment