Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday - First Week

What have I done? Silly blog, silly boy you've really done it now!

Yesterday I was sitting in my office, minding my own business when an email pops up with the subject, "Friday's Fun Run???"

I nervously approach the email thinking, "What has my evil wonderful trainer thought of now? Everyone knows there's no fun in running!"

It's not from her? What is this? It reads:

Well - according to my records we haven't hit the stairs/hills since before Christmas! How can that be? Oh yes, the weather/snow! Ha

(With the exception of the Machine who chanced it on January 9th and made the rest of us look like wimps).

The forecast calls for nice weather tomorrow so I say "LETS GET OUTSIDE"!!!!!

Meet in the LL - be ready to hit the pavement at 12:45!

Bill - after keeping up with your daily blog, I can tell you're ready for this fun Adventure! We power walk to the hill/stairs located under 161 just past the Brazenhead. We run/walk the stairs up/down 4 times, and then we attack the hill in the same manor. It's a fun group - I hope you're available to join us?

I hope to see most of you tomorrow?


OMG! I'm both terrified and attracted to the idea, like those folk you see in the vampire movies who are about to be bitten both wanting it and loathing it at the same time. I can already tell I'm going to succumb but I must be cautious because I did scan the list of people and it is a fun group and I'm relatively certain I'll want to converse during the ordeal but these folk are attacking hills for crying out loud! That's a unique flavor of crazy and I know in my heart I'm not ready... yet. I can do about thirty minutes on the treadmill and five on the hated stair climber but I'm already setting goals - when I can do ten on the climber and go an hour on the treadmill I think I'll be ready.

Plus they have names like 'The Machine.' I figure my name will be Wheezy or maybe 'The Whiner.'

I reply back that I'm very interested but not ready yet and secretly hope 'power walking' involves Segways. I've been subsequently told, "NO!"

I do my total body workout today and remain, well mediocre is too kind but I'll go with it, mediocre on the lunges. One of the 'early risers' was in there doing these monster lunges with like eighty pound dumb bells, curling them when he was in the full lunge because he was bored I guess. I was envious but I seriously must remain patient.

While on the treadmill I mention to the girl, another one of the serious folk you see in there every darned day but have been at it forever, next to me on another treadmill about yesterday's email. She blanches and mutters, "You don't want to do that!" and tells me what is in store for me if I do, she can already tell I'm probably gonna try it.

I'm thinking, "Actually I sorta do..." but I respect her enough that this reinforces my thoughts on not being ready... yet.

Hey it's Friday! Please have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment