Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday? Really??!!

Rough night for the wife and I in the sleep department. Every now and then my wife's mind seems to spin out of control on her and she can't put those swirling, nagging thoughts to bed. I'm not as well wired, for me it was the gosh darned smoke detector. I'm giving serious thought to the redneck detector pictured.

I would love to meet the engineer who designed these things so that when their battery goes starts to go low at 2am let's incessantly chirp about it like a hungry bird, and our silly smoke detectors are hooked up to house power. There HAS to be some moronic federal law behind that one, so I'll rephrase, I'd love to meet the engineer and legislator who came up with that one just so I could get in two clean punches. You know, maybe start your chirping if I lose power to the house, otherwise SHUT IT!

So I'm stumbling around at some ungodly hour of the morning with a ladder fighting the temptation to rip the stoopid detector from the ceiling (knowing I'll regret that tactic in the morning light) and making a mental note that yesterday's lunges are not for me if the sharp pain in my knee has anything to say about it. I kill the detector by ripping its near dead battery from it and crawl back into bed. SHEESH!

This morning in the gym I threw my body a minor curve and worked out on the elliptical. I ended up doing around 35-40min on it, it's hard to say because I kept working on my karma while bopping around on that thing. I defend myself against Kingsley's unnatural love for rave music with an iPod and earbuds. Others are not so lucky and since there's an unspoken convention that whoever gets there first can dial in the tunes then one must wait until the dialer leaves before changing channels (or ask maybe, thought I've never seen this done). goodMood has trapped himself on his beloved StairClimber when Kingsley heads for the lockers so I hop off the elliptical, race down the hall and dial in something more customary for early morn and manage to make it back before the elliptical resets. I wasn't so lucky with AT Everest's battle getting her seat right for chest presses. Whatev, as punishment I added 10mins to the workout.

Now I'm struggling with the concept that it's Wednesday already. Really?! Who hit fast forward and can I have the remote please?

No comments:

Post a Comment