Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Lost Weekend

My eyes snap open intermittently, glaring distrustfully at the alarm clock. I'm certain I'm going to oversleep.

2:30am... doze... 3:12am... doze

At 4:07 sighing I turn the thing off before it can buzz my wife into annoyance and cotton mouthed stumble into the bathroom. Turning on the water I notice my sticky, crusty hands, covered in... cookie dough!

Oh God! Another lost weekend.

Meanwhile Bubbles is polishing off a half marathon and goFast is chewing up some cyclocross course (congrats!) while others decline or is it torpidly recline into somnolence? Yeah, that's it.

In the gym pushing pedals, sweating, hating it. goodMood, awesomeGirl, easyRider, AT Everest and Diablo there like scifi apparitions, almost in phase, almost real or is it me that's out of phase? Hanging my head my mind turns to ironMan. Where is he? I hope he's well.

I've had better starts to a work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment