Monday, October 4, 2010

Oh Well a Touch of Gray...

I'm trying for the 12,849,385,874,332nd time to get back on track and be all that I can be in the gym after another 'lost' weekend. So I'm hammering out 45mins on a spinner and pondering the following conversation I overheard, which wasn't too hard since they were standing in front of me and didn't care.

I never lent much credence to the phrase "visibly graying" until standing next to two sixteen year old girls and one of their moms. One of the girls was arguing with her mom. Apparently this has been a running family debate.

"I know when I get my car I'm driving everywhere, even to your house Melanie although you live next door."

Melanie continues her love affair with her cell phone, while mom mutters something that sets her daughter off.

"Well Beth is driving a BMW 328i, why shouldn't I?"

(Bill feels his hair going grayer)

Mom mutters something causing PrincessSpoilyPanties to fire back at her idiot mother, "I know she's a senior mom but she got the car when she was sixteen!"

(I'm starting to age at an alarming rate now... Senior? What's that have to do with what car one gets? Figuring I should ask Melanie for her cell number so I can text her what a horses ass PrincessSpoilyPanties is, I try not listening).

PrincessSpoilyPanties dials up the volume in her righteous rage, "And anyway Jeff is driving a Mercedes convertible! What do you think about that? Huh? Huh??!!"

My mind drifts thankfully, wondering if I'll ever have a similar conversation with my kids. I kind of doubt it. I don't wish PrincessSpoilyPanties well on her quest for a new car but maybe BMW 328i's are chickenfeed to her folk. Who knows?

One other thing, can anyone tell me where anywhere but San Francisco that a transgender sex shop exec could be labeled 'Conservative'??? ::rolls eyes::

No comments:

Post a Comment