Friday, October 23, 2009

The Glowering Goodness - Beginnings

Um, what is required (particularly after today's fun) is one of those legendary three to four day benders. You know, where you wake up in Mexican opium den married to a goat named Becccckkkkkkkkiiieee owing a serious amount of coin to 'the cartel.' - Bill on 'Required Depravity'

Oh boy, yesterday was fun let me tell ya! Good times, good times. We ended up bouncing the system, which was completely engulfed in threads, three consecutive times. The third time emergency installing software we intended to install on Sunday. That seemed to calm things down for a bit anyway.

I was so stressed from the thing that I was in bed around 8:30 and slept until the alarm went off. I went into the gym not in the mood but managed to do Bubbles' ABS workout. I saw awesomeGirl doing some sort of forced march on the treadmill, IronMan was destroying his ABS and goodMood was high upon his StairMaster throne. Diablo was strolling around still married and happy doing his Diablo thing.

But where is ponyTail? She's been AWOL for awhile now, rumor has it she's combating one of those trendy flu bugs but I managed to catch a glimpse of her yesterday so I'm suspicious. Word on FaceBook (WHICH NEVER LIES!) is that there's a new superhero in town, a paint roller wielding mom that goes by the moniker The Glowering Goodness!

ponyTail can glower, I've seen her. Could it be? Well my wife can glower too... hmmmm in fact all women can glower, well when they're looking at me anyway. Ferreting out this mystery might be tougher than I thought... I could just rename ponyTail to theGloweringGoodness and be done with it, but suppose I'm wrong? I'd probably come home and find my bedroom painted a sickly yellow and my wife (glowering at me) saying, "I see you pissed off the Glowering Goodness - great job hon, really!"

I wrap up my ABS and come to work almost hopeful that I can start steering through these troubled thready waters towards my holy grail, The Routine.

Well I've got to mop up these threads, messy buggers. Have an idyllic weekend and if you plan to misbehave, like I so desperately want to... BEWARE of The Glowering Goodness!


No comments:

Post a Comment