Monday, August 10, 2009

Omens of Ill Portent

The clock is ticking and I have a sneaking suspicion that the wolves are drawing near. It's most likely just Monday morning angst, but I sip my Earl Grey with trembling hands.

Why are my hands trembling? Oh yeah, the coffee - I'm over amped and have to ride these jitters out. Still the work week is off to a rocky start. Ally dropped by on Sunday and I replaced some pedals on her bike and was greeted by an email that that right one fell off - GROAN - the right one is the tricky one!!! Still when you have a machine as awesome as a Magna one must expect a certain twitchiness similar to that of a Ferrari. I hope I can fix it so she can enjoy her ride again - I feel awful!

I plan to drop by her place tonight with a serious pedal wrench, a regular wrench, a lot of bike grease and fix this problem once and for all! Then I will commit ritual suicide on her driveway using the pedal wrench as my wakizashi. Ally will act as my 'second' but will not be permitted to decapitate me until I've made the second cut.

I can not live with this shame!

On the ride up the elevator my two fried eggs and two bacon drew commentary from a fellow rider.

"Oh, I see you opted for the cholesterol special."

"Well I'm hoping for a massive coronary so I can take tomorrow off."

He holds the door open so some goody-two-shoes can get on with a big bowl of fruit. I get the impression he thinks I might need a visual aid.

"See, now she's eating healthy."

"WHAT ARE YOU MY MOM?!"

"Yes, I'm the breakfast mom."

His job done, the breakfast mom hopped off at the third floor and goody-two-shoes and I rode up in uncomfortable silence.

I did not get to partake in some monster long ride this weekend and wont next weekend either so I'm trying to get little ones in where I can and hope they total into something impressive. I rode into work this morning laughing in the face at the possibility of an afternoon thunderstorm, rode to the library yesterday (my odometer clicked over 700 miles!) and rode into the gym on Saturday. I swam, lifted weights and whined as my workouts this weekend and this morning did the total body thing wrapping it up with ten quality minutes on the stair climber followed by serious stretching.

I stepped on the scale.

202

::smile::

No comments:

Post a Comment