Wednesday, August 26, 2009

JRock, Thighs and Workouts - Oh My!!!

I'm stumbling around the gym knowing I'm on borrowed time. Bubbles has me sighted in and I'm emanating this 'dead man walking' aura that others are picking up on. Yesterday we went through the first half of her unveiling of The New Horror. Tomorrow is the rest along with the cardio.

If I was a composer yesterday's routine would be titled Wrecking Bill in BOSU B-Flat. I don't know what Bubbles calls it. It has a lot of BOSU work in it when I'm not practicing punching someone's lights out on the hockey rink (that's the motion, probably preparing me for when my daughter starts dating).

So I'm mulling over these thoughts of doom accompanied by The Sounds of Suffering coming from awesomeGirl who's killing herself on a recumbent bike when I nearly walk into...

JROCK!!!
She stands in front of me like the Greek Goddess Athena, all honed and lean and intimidating, glowering at me from under her headband like I'm the one who woke her up and dragged her into the gym at this unholy hour.

I bite back my scream of terror and immediately make a mistake, "So, um, where's IronMan?" Oh my god! What have I done??!! The boy is probably at Bob Evans consuming his second course of his traditional seven course morning meal...

"He's in the locker room getting pretty."

Phew! Well he does have his hair to attend to, that could take some time.

We shoot the breeze for awhile when suddenly she's in motion gliding towards the locker room, storm clouds forming, "Where is he?"

I cut her off before she charges in demanding satisfaction, "Let me handle this."

She holds back, a look of bemusement on her face.

I grab the door handle, open it and scream into the crack (mustn't reveal any secrets here), "IRONMAN YOU BETTER GET YOUR CANDY ASS OUT HERE RIGHT NOW! YOUR WIFE IS WAITING!"

JRock is giggling and within ten seconds IronMan is out the door strapping weight lifting gloves on. They head out of the gym together for a morning warmup run.

A couple of comments here. First of all this might read a little harsh on JRock but it's not. JRock is funny and charming and all of that but when she's in the gym she's the very definition of focus. So's IronMan but a little different. I watched them work out whilst I was in repose on some weight machine pretending to lift weights. JRock is all focused and stuff but not stand-offish, but she is working out so you tend to let her to it. IronMan will come over and give you static between sets, JRock is just a little ball of concentrated motion moving straight from one routine to the next.

During my field study of Athletes in Motion what's left of goodMood wafted in and he was destroying himself on the StairClimber and I almost felt guilty with my lack of misery. I've got awesomeGirl dying on the bike, goodMood climbing a stairway to nowhere and JRock and IronMan in The Couples Form Competition while I redefined torpidity. I sipped from my water bottle deciding what to do next.

I figure Bubbles is on her way in and I better be looking like I'm working here so I bypass my planned stroll on the treadmill and join goodMood on the stair climber. THAT was fun ::rolls eyes::

Bubbles comes in all bubbly and I'm outie. On my way out I drop by her desk and she has FOUR spreadsheets across her desk, all of them have my name on them. She's giggling and making adjustments, fine tuning Bill's Orchestra of Pain. I learn the second half tomorrow. ::shudders::

One final thing, I need to be absolutely clear about. I'll use the following text from TomS as an example - we were talking about his bike ride:

TomS: I was going to say "wait until you see my glistening thighs" until I thought the comment might make the blog. So I never said that... but wait until you see them.

I wish you people would quit worrying about me spilling something silly you said into the blog! You'd think I'd do just about anything to drive my readership up to say TWO and I wont. I'm not that kind of guy so settle down OK?!

Later that evening I received this pic from TomS of his 'glistening thighs'

Nice!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment