Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Morning After

A couple of announcements here. First of all thanks to all the folk that told me congrats yesterday! It was a lot of hard work and I couldn't have made it without your advice, encouragement and help!

Second, tomorrow IronMan, me, my dad and TomS will be heading to NC after work. Yes there will be napping involved but no spooning! We'll be hanging out at the cottage and knowing IronMan he'll have me dragging the boat up and down the hill sans tractor for my interval workout. We'll be fixing a few things that need fixing and playing sorta hard and mostly goofing off.

We plan to leave after work so I'm thinking that I wont workout tomorrow at 5am since I'll need to do some serious late night driving and had BETTER be rested and completely caffeinated. It's a fairly long drive.

So today was my total body workout which was a rather fitting preparation for tomorrow's fun. Bubbles' routine is deceptive and I always think I'm gonna finish it in about ten minutes. Nope and I didn't dawdle... much. The squats and the lunges got my heart rate up pretty good, I felt those ::rueful smile:: but the interval workout on the upright bike destroyed me. Intervals at fifteen minutes are at least managable and I think easier than the tempo one I tried during the total body a week ago. Each 'interval' is a minute long so you can convince yourself you can get through it. The heart chart is fun, showing an ever increasing slope to it.

While I was doing it IronMan dropped by and gave me some paper towels, I was dripping big time and wheezing like a geezer.

So it'll be awhile before you hear from me again. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment