Friday, May 15, 2009

Every Time...

I got an email from JRock letting me know that I'm dead on with the 'work' aspect of this exercise stuff and casually informing me that I'll be beaten about the face and shoulders should I actually revert to the easy ways. Well the mental image of the FunRun posse beating me with tire irons and kicking my butt while I crawl back into the gym will probably keep me on the straight and narrow.

The email exchange conjured up a conversation from X-Men between Rogue and Wolverine about Wolverine's claws:

"When they come out... does it hurt?"
"Every time."

So I'm trying to tell those that are considering this lifestyle to be prepared for that. The arc I'm on seems to be:
  • Blind Ignorance
  • Numbing pain as systems awake and lactic acid builds
  • Learning (this is endless) and getting help
  • Gutting it out
  • ????? - I don't know what's next but don't tell me!
Gutting it out seems to be where you hit the point of knowing what's coming when the alarm goes off and making the mental commitment to actually do it and then do it. "Every time."

For me that's six days out of seven though I'll cut myself some slack on vacations etc. For you it could be different but there will be that moment where you will have a decision and you'll know it... every time.

My respect for Diablo and Bubbles has at least tripled. I know it's their job but it has to be tough at times, heck it's tough for me and I try to hold myself to an hour a day. Imagine eight.

I did the total body thing today but I'm looking forward to Tuesday when Bubbles will unveil her latest horror for me to attempt! IronMan was there and was trying to hold two monster dumbbells (20lbs?), jump on a BOSU ball (flat side up) and do a squat. He's experimenting with the thing, the maniac. It currently takes a team of seven just to help me 'dismount' from the silly thing.

A few days ago I got the following URL from JRock which features Katrina as some sort of Diet.com 'Fitness Expert' mmhmm When I saw her wobbly performance of the V-sit with Trunk Rotation I knew my trainer could kick their fitness expert's butt any day of the week!

You be the judge:



Then some evil dude tried to speak directly to IronMan's greatest weakness:



I'll let you know how THAT goes but there will be an EMT and a wrestling mat on hand before my favorite maniac tries this stunt. He's a sucker for this sort of thing... every time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment