Saturday, February 28, 2009

Surreal Saturday

The following conversation was captured in a video conference room by corporate security, the two dolts suspects having inadvertently turned on the equipment when entering the room. The tape has been handed over to the proper authorities (PETA) so that both idiots suspects can look forward to long winded monologues from Dennis Rodman and Alicia Silverstone. Facial recognition software identified the two as Bill, a nefarious figure of ill repute and either the most recent winner on Jeopardy or MrGriffith another dark, shadowy miscreant.

MrGriffith: V8?

Bill: A vegetable drink MarathonMan used to lose weight. He hates vegetables and is always asking me to partake in his madness. I’ll try anything once (generally, suicide and death cults are out right off the bat) which lead to mucho trouble in the 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. The drink is gawd awful no matter how much Tabasco you dump in it.

MrGriffith: I know what it is... but a craving for it seems... well... the words "inhuman" and "psychotic" come to mind. The only way I ever got to enjoy V8 was to pour half a can into a glass, pour any other drink into another glass, drink the other drink, and then dump out the V8. The second half, still in the can, was emptied onto a potted plant that had angered me.

Bill: I figured you knew what it was – I was trying to provide context and the craving passed. Now I have a fridge with six or so cans of the vile stuff in it – want some? ::innocent look::

MrGriffith: As I have already defeated all my plant enemies, no. I don't need any. Thanks, though.

::pauses for thought::

Another good way to get rid of 5 cans of V8 is to pour them into the sink at work. Makes people wonder.

Bill: I’d rather douse my hands in the stuff and mutter, “Not again!” in the lunch line while looking peeved.

MrGriffith: Nice. A long trail of it leading from the trunk of someone's car, through the parking lot, and into a sewer grate might be fun, too.

Bill: FOCUS! ::shakes MrGriffith:: we have six cans – surely you don’t want to purchase MORE! We should frame someone other than my wife since there would be repercussions I don’t wish to consider on a Friday!

MrGriffith: Sorry... Sorry... ::walks back and forth aimlessly, hands clenching and loosening::. It's just... Well... Since the summer I worked at the vegan hostel, the smell of that stuff just...

::snaps fingers:: I know! We can dump it all in Lake Fred! They'll blame the foxes! And everyone hates the geese anyway.

If only we had some suet...

[END TRANSCRIPT]

I met MrGriffith yesterday on my way to get coffee with my wife. My wife knows him, he's a blogger and we exchange URLs with the traditional, "You don't have to read it..." and underlying "you had better read every gosh-darned word!" handshake.

I haven't read his blog yet but I will do so this weekend. I doubt it's an exercise blog which mine sort of is but I don't have a clue. I know MrGriffith has an enticing name for his ramblings, TinkerX. I find the 'X' intriguing and cling to the faint hope its a naughty exercise blog about Tinkerbell.

Given how quickly MrGriffith was able go go surreal with me in the above, verbatim email exchange, I'm going to have to keep my eye on that boy. Already I'm trying to figure out how to get him into the gym, I may have to consult with the furtive Friday Fun Run cabal.

Today was my favorite workout day (though I also seem to enjoy Tempo Tuesday). I decided to listen to Homer's The Iliad since I forgot to put Hamlet on the stupid iPod, silly rabbit that I am. That was fairly entertaining, but when is bickering not entertaining? I never got to the slaughter, maybe next time. Those insults are impressive. I'll try them on my thighs:

Thighs of evil, you never yet prophesied smooth things concerning me, but have ever loved to foretell that which was evil. You have brought me neither comfort nor performance; and now you come complaining, saying that Lactic has plagued me because I would not breath properly...

I went to the gym twice today. The second to walk my wife through some of it, she was shy about it. I hope I helped. I pretty much hung out watching her work on the elliptical and treadmill and did three reps of curls (15lbs x 15). I used wickedWoman's spreadsheet for her HR and kept her in zone three. Whenever I'd come over to talk to her her HR would shoot up to zone four, that and spiking blood pressure are my effects on her. We played some ping-pong and I went down in ignominious defeat, I think she had fun.

She did twenty on the elliptical and ten on the treadmill. I'm proud of her - I hope she sleeps well tonight!

Gabbed enough huh? I hope your weekend is a pleasant as mine currently is.

No comments:

Post a Comment