Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Huh?

Can someone tell me what the holy heck is going on?!

Yesterday I have what might be becoming Bill's Weekly Mini-Meltdown but also having the realization that I am pushing it too hard, mentally apparently. I woke up today with a spring in my step, looking forward to going into the gym.

What gives? Well??!!

I guess just letting it go, dialing it back... is this some weird sort of Zen thing??? Admittedly I am a cult founder but... well look what it did to MarathonMan, he's drinking TEA for crying out loud!

I can see me now, "In order to achieve your goals, you must first let them go my dumpling." All the while struggling to keep a straight face. I am so trying this at my next review!!! "Well boss about the goals... I let them go... you should too... really! You'll feel so much better!"

So let's see what tomorrow brings shall we? I hope for more of the same :-)

Yesterday I was standing in the lunch room and NoNeed comes up to me and says, "You can just take a day off you know." Sweat beads across my brow, I'm not sure I can. I'm afraid that if I stop for one day then I'll stop for another day... and another... but NoNeed's message is clear, "Dude, one way or another you will stop!" She has much more experience than I do in these matters. Can I wean myself? Maybe just drive by the gym on Sunday?

The dim outlines of a plan begin to form.

So the gym is packed for that time of the morning. Not sure why. I walk over and formally introduce myself to one of the early risers, one to go :-) I hop on the elliptical and get to work on today's total body workout. At first I feel blech but by the end of the seven minutes I'm pretty good.

All the while I'm thinking about my total body failure on the abs course yesterday. What to do? I'm also still gripping the sidebars of the treadmill like some drunk. I hope I can figure out what's going on with my balance on that thing. I'll hate it but maybe I'll do my low intensity work out on the thing Saturday.

I do the DB Lunges before the lateral pull-downs. While doing the laterals I happen to notice that both stair climbers are in use. One by goodMood and the other by awesomeGirl, both long timers on Satan's Stairs! My muscles flex and contract with renewed energy quickly bringing my reps up. I'm done!

I wipe the machine down and walk real fast over to the trainer, time is of the essence, "BOTH climbers are in use! Can you believe it?! Darn it all!!! I guess I'll have to use another machine... DRAT!"

He laughs, commiserating with and seeing through my disappointment, "Yeah, I guess you will. Darn it all!"

I sprint for the upright bike.

The heart chart is a bit goofy I might need to recharge the Garmin. I doubt I have the control to hold my HR so steady for such an extended period of time.

I talk to the trainer about the abs thing. My question boils down to, "Should I stay in the course or get some other sort of workout and then get into the course?" He's not sure since either way will work. I'm going to email my trainer about it since she's actually observed me doing it. I don't want to quit the course but it is advanced and I just might not be ready teddy. I'll let you know the verdict.

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment