Monday, November 9, 2009

Three Days and a Telephone

Well I've done a fair amount of work which you'll witness at the end of this posting. It's Monday oh my time does fly.

I'm gaining weight. I'm now at 205 and that's 'the line' so I'm going to have to take unpleasant measures. Poor me, but my lethargic indifference hath brought down the wrath. My once mighty mitochondria now lay about like indolent teenagers muttering, "Later, we'll process that fat later..." while lounging about the couch flipping the channel and complaining nothing good is on.

The little back stabbing pricks.

So Friday and Monday I did the interval thing and hated it of course. Since Friday is now in 'the ago' I can't remember it but I'm certain my suffering was legendary. Yesterday was beautiful, so nice in fact that I took the bike out for a little spin of ten miles, but they were good miles. I rode it up to where we play Frisbee golf, met my family there, played nine holes and then rode the bike back while they enjoyed a nice McFlurry.

Oh my gosh how I enjoyed that bike ride! I sooooo needed it! My butt greeted the bicycle seat like a long lost um, er... pal. Yeah, pal or maybe buddy. I took mostly the bike path which was fairly crowded but soon I was feeling the burn, the quiet and enjoying myself.

Frisbee golf, well I've had better days. I've had worse days too so it was good.


Ride up and back


9 Holes of Fun
So now it's Monday and me-oh-my-oh was the gym full today. What's up with that? There were two VPs in there so hopefully funding for the gym wont be a problem, AT Everest, IronMan, awesomeGirl, goodMood, ponyTail, allyMcBeal and probably others.

Diablo even made a guest appearance on the phone after wringing the silly thing off the wall forever. He chose a poor time to call since I was in the middle of my interval workout and everyone else was in similar situations. It rang forever, taking on this Chinese water torture vibe.

I turned my iPod up, problem solved.

It started again when I was staggering around in some aerobic haze. FINE! I'll answer the thing even though the last time I answered that phone the conversation became oddly surreal while I tried to convince the dude on the phone that I was not going to try and forward his call to the security desk of a different company since I had no idea how to do it and noooooo I wasn't going to go looking for him either. Sheesh! I didn't forget MY badge and anyway all the dude had to do was look in the parking lot they were probably ticketing 'unauthorized' cars (read gym members) who didn't park in 'authorized' places at six in the morning.

Calm blue sea... ::swallows a bunch of blood pressure pills::

So it was with that mindset I answered the phone.

"Gym"

"Who's this?"

We're already getting off on the wrong foot here, I'm not the crazy ringing the phone off the hook now am I? "Well, who's THIS?!"

"Diablo."

Yeesh, I'm now seeing endless hours of cardio and crunches appear on the horizon. I back off a bit, "This is Bill, hey there Diablo what's up?" (Note to self, I should have identified myself as IronMan).

Apparently there's some problem at the Diablo home that will require the immediate attention of a contractor so Diablo will be in late and he wanted us to be aware of it. I jot it down on a post it and place it on the trainer's door.

To my fellow gym rats, don't be afraid of the phone, 'k?

I did my ABS, showered, weighed in (oh HAPPY DAY!) and now I'm... gone. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment