Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Ride

Not much has happened as Bill wallows in the dog days of summer. Friday I did a total body workout with a lot of stretching and rode the bike into work. I'm trying to get my step count up ::glares at America on the Move's obvious effective manipulation::

The Pacific Crest Trail is tough and America on the Move informs me, "To complete your trail by the end of the Challenge on July 31, you must take an average of 13,216 steps per day."

So I was a bit cranky on Saturday with the monsoons that hit pretty much all day long. I was forced into the gym and only there in for thirty seven minutes, life can be cruel.

So on Sunday I pretty much over did it. So far I've done the following:
  • A twenty-one mile bike ride in the morning with an aveage speed of 14mph and cadence of 66. It took me an hour and a half to do that but I did take a potty break :-)
  • Walked to church with the family
  • Fertilized the lawn.
According to America on the Move that counts for 21,910 steps. I'll have to do a fair amount of bike riding to get to the end of the trail though. Wearily I trudge on, but I'm not insane and plan to have a very light workout if any at all tomorrow. Maybe some stretching like this young lady followed by a nice long stay in the hospital.

Lance came in third for the tour which I think was great but what I find even greater is he's planning on coming back next year forming a new US team, Team RadioShack. Too cool, so I'll have to take down my Astana banner (the blue shoes) above and find another pic to inspire me - I might have done that already - what do you think?

I trust you and yours are having a remarkable weekend!

Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment