Monday, July 13, 2009

Getting Through It - Sorta Kinda

OK I'm stressing a bit with competing priorities which falls into the 'sucky' end of the scale. At times like this I just want to throw throw my hands up, slowly extend my right thumb, shove it into my mouth and suck. I look like a total dork so I fight that urge pretty well.

Saturday my son took off for a week at a Boy Scout camp. I started missing him immediately but I have a few tokens from him to remember him by:


He use to be into these Yu-Gi-Oh! cards and collected them for awhile. He then discovered this app on the web and can make his own - he's having fun with that at my expense. It makes me smile and I love his comments about me.

After I dropped him off my wife and I took our daughter over to a class to become a certified babysitter. That's just too cool, she's now Red Cross certified. Since she was going to be in the class for quite awhile we headed to the gym where I did a slow tempo workout and a little lifting and my wife did her own thing.

I turned all the TVs on to Le Tour de France and watched in glorious high def while simulating their endeavors on the recombinant if they were ambling along at a 70 cadence on a essentially flat surface in an air conditioned environment, which they weren't. No they thought it would be more fun to go up the side of a mountain with nine thousand switchbacks in 97 degree heat. The tour riders amaze me.

After my brutal workout, non life threatening sauna and shower we went to Lowes and bought this silvery stuff for the kids windows to see it that will keep their rooms from turning into little ovens. The front of the house now looks like an office building.

Today (Monday) I was back at it. Up at 4:30 and starting the total body workout at 5:25am. I managed to hammer through that in an hour and the morning crew was showing up about when I was done. Well except for AT Everest who was there before I was on her beloved elliptical. goodMood, awesomeGirl, ponyTail, a dude who needs a name if he keeps showing up like this and Diablo were there. IronMan doesn't do Mondays.

I weighed in at 204 another pound gone (I hope!).

Here are some exercise things I owe:
  • I have to get my dietary stuff to Bubbles but I don't wanna let her know about the crap I pour into my body - Bubbles is something of a purist and stares at me blankly when I whine about cravings. She says, "Eat some carrots." Bill heads to the cookie jar. I aspire to her level of discipline but my internal clock tells me it's time to man up and give her the data.
  • I need to update this blog with some of the stuff I'm tracking and work on the look of it a bit.
  • I need to figure out how to get around on the bike more - this week is a bit shot since I have to either pick my daughter up or drop her off at a camp she's attending this week.
  • I need to find time to get back into Zumba! I seriously miss it.
  • I need to schedule another gym get together
Have a great day, mine looks stressful

No comments:

Post a Comment