Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Start of food log - SIGH

I don't think it will surprise anyone that there's a hint of the geek about me, seriously, I'm not kidding. So Bubbles has me on these thirty minute Tuesday/Thursday cardio routines. I've mentioned them before but now I'm modifying them a bit.

For example today I plop down on an upright bike and plug in 35 minutes. I use the first five minutes to warm up and begin to get my HR up to where I (meaning Bubbles) want it. I also close with five minutes of cool down.

So if you peep out the metrics for today on the entire 40mins my average HR was 145 or 71% of MaxHR, but for the thirty minute work interval the average HR was 151 or 74% of MaxHR which is the upper limit (75%) of where it should be. This makes me happy. Bubbles ABS routine does not. Still, it must be done so I gloomily go through it and feel better that I did it afterward (definitely not during).

While I'm working on the bike IronMan strolled in and shortly after the gym filled up with the morning crew. This is my first summer rotation but most everyone is being pretty quiet and just getting through their workouts. Folk seem more chatty during winter or maybe we're just having bad days. Who can say?

Well not much else to report - I'm toying with writing my food intake into this blog so that I can get one of the things done on my list from yesterday - eh, what the heck:

Breakfast
  • Starbucks quad (four shots) vanilla breve (cream) latte
  • a 2-2-2 (two eggs over easy, one bacon, one sausage, two whole wheat toasts with butter)
  • a V8
Lunch
  • Lettuce, iceberg - 3/4 cup
  • spinach, baby - 1/8 cup
  • melon, cantaloupe - 1/8 cup
  • melon, honeydew - 1/8 cup
  • Broccoli, fresh - 1/3 cup
  • Olives, black - 3 tablespoons
  • Tomatoes, fresh - 1
  • Carrots, fresh - 1/3 cup
  • Cheese, cheddar - 1/3 cup
  • Eggs, hard boiled - 1
  • Seeds, sunflower - 1/8 cup
  • Salad Dressing, Raspberry Vinaigrette - 2 table spoons
Dinner
  • Carolina Barbecue (pulled pork) 1/2 cup
  • Cucumbers
  • Two white bread toast
Treat(s)
  • UDF 12oz Peach Deep Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment