Thursday, June 4, 2009

Working Through It

OK I've moved the party information over to the right (->) see it?

Sometimes you just have to press on. For the last few days I've been trying to find cycles to write about our awesome NC work detail and I'll get to it but not yet.

I suffered mightily in the gym today. Well OK that's not true but there was whimpering involved. When I woke up I was thinking I really need a day off but I'm terrified to take it - I took a few days off in NC but I don't seemed to have recovered. I'm TIRED.

I've managed to hold my weight at 207 which given the cooking down there is something of a miracle but let's deal with the now, I'll get to the 'ago' when I can because the NC foray is worth blogging, along with the few days that followed it.

Both IronMan and I are struggling a bit today, me more so - dreams of sleep and rest - anyway I might be projecting but he didn't seem into it. I have I Don't Wanna Intervals today and decide to practice my walking instead of killing myself on the bike (which I would do, I just can't help it). I set the treadmill for thirty minutes 3mph 3% incline at rest and 4mph 6% incline for work. 4mph is just on the slow side of jog for me.

Yes, I mostly held the stupid hand rails but less than other times - I noticed the more tired I got the more I needed them. Still I gamely trudged on.

IronMan and goodMood were over by the assisted Smith doing something painful judging by the grunting and aerobic breathing. It was a shoulder kind of gig for them so all sorts of Arnolds and what not was going on.

Finishing up on the treadmill I decide to play with those two instead of doing some sort of lonely ABS routine. It turns out the assisted Smith thing is "How many shoulder presses can you do in a minute while sitting on a bench?" Which for me (with no weight on the bar) turned into "I can't count, just keep going until a minute is up" routine.

goodMood seems to like these things. All I can say is I felt it, particularly when I was told to sit in this chair thing and do Arnolds. Then we did some other shoulder work and I did about fifteen BOSU ball type situps along with messing with the bench press.

After work today I go home and mow the lawn and figure out how much stuff to buy for tomorrow's get together. Piece of cake.

I hope to see you tomorrow evening! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment