Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beginnings

Well for Christmas my wife gave me a Garmin Edge 305. A nifty little device. Both my wife and my father have been eyeing my increasing girth with alarm so this might be the remedy since I'm a gadget phreak.

My work has a nice gym in it and even staffs it with trainers. So, what the heck, how long can it take to drop - oh - thirty pounds for starters? I figure about seven serious workouts and it's back to the Oreo Double Stuffs. I know I'm kidding myself, but I don't think I've quite grasped the situation yet. I'm also, at fifty-one, beginning to see fun medical conditions creep up which there's no need to belabor but I'm on BP medication and one way to get off of that is to drop some pounds.

Why not? All it can do is SUCK.

It's a bit cold to be humping the bike about where I live but I can use the heart rate monitor and start to work.

Here's how the thing looks on my bike. It's easy to put on and take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment