Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Have It All

This picture troubles me, it's rife with indecision that currently grips the Republic. I can see the marketing on this one.

Mellisa stands near the doorway and sighs heavily. Her significant other glances up from his Blackberry, "Why the long face snuggle bunny?"

"I just can't decide if I should run or bike today. I think I'm going to just quit exercising all together, what's the point? There are just too many options."

"Why not do both?"

"Both?! Carl! You must think I some sort of hippo!" Mellisa starts rooting through her purse for her snub nosed 38, figuring that insensitive lout Carl deserves a round or two in his kneecap.

"Not in the slightest, darling. I mean both AT THE SAME TIME!!!"


Then the usual marketing spiel about how you can loose weight just by looking at the thing and blah, blah, blah, but the main point is Carl isn't in the hospital. The fact that this thing was even brought out of the ether and into reality just sets my mind spinning.

What's it meeeannnnnnn????

End of times. Has to be. If this woman isn't one of The Four Riders of the Apocalypse then... well... she should be! How do you un-see something like this? I just can't figure out the why of it and the knowledge that there are now treadmill bicyclists jogging(?) through parks is having an adverse effect on my psyche.

THIS is the reason I've been dogging it for the last two days at the gym! ::tries to look convincing::

I've puttered in there and goofed around my mind in conflict. I'm over-educated, that's the problem. I've been reading about bikes and off-season training and LSD and... and... I just don't know what to do! OK?!

The HELL that is HEAT or LSD and bike specific weight training? Both? I can't have it all.

Scarlet got it right, "Oh I can't think about this now! I'll go crazy if I do! I'll think about it tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment