Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tentative

I'm not sure what I'm doing on this upright, no I know what I'm doing, taking that first baby step on coming back to 'the routine.' I'm big on routine. Others appear to enjoy swimming in chaos, Bill prefers calm.

At this point I'm far too cautious to declare normality, I've been bitten too many times on this one. But I'm hopeful. I can better empathize with others who hit an interruption to the routine and simply don't come back to the gym. I get it.

Now that it appears the crises is past and the logjam cleared all the crap piling up behind it must be addressed. Monthly reports, reviews, that thing and um NOW! You're problems have been addressed, what's the hold up here?!

So mentally it becomes very, VERY easy to start thinking, "I'll just go to work tomorrow and further catch up." until suddenly it's gone, the gym, all of it and flabby Bill is back in the mirror. It's also a tightrope, yesterday I HAD to finish some administrative things, and I did about 9pm last night.

That's why I'm back on this bike doing a twenty minute tempo routine, trying to keep a cadence over 100 at level nine. I did fairly well at it for ten minutes but then the cadence dropped to around eighty (I didn't back off the level 9). What I noticed was how my HR just kept going up, oh yeah I was feeling it.

Then ABS and some of those I have to do two reps on, I only did one but I did one of each. It was a start ya know?

While I'm stumbling around doing the ABS thing, awesomeGirl is doing one of Bubbles patented step routines. It sounded like that water feature in Kill Bill where Lucy Liu and Uma Thurman square off in that Japanese garden.

blonk-blonk pause blonk-blonk

It was peaceful, which is how I feel right now. Talk to me later so we can see how many minutes that lasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment