Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shrug It Off

I've been pretty smug on facebook of late having recently completed Atlas Shrugged after a ten year ordeal of on again, oh I lost the book (I left one copy on a plane in Oslo, Norway), off again reading. I went through about fifteen copies of the book so obviously I found it to be a tough read, but oh so worth it. Some of the parallels of what's happening today and what went on in that book are pretty spooky. Anyway free market capitalism is a good thing!

AND THEN as my wonderful nephew would say I came across this!



How cool is that? If I had just waited long enough I never would have had to read the book at all!

The movie producers promise to stay true to the book and if that turns out to be true this should be a great trilogy! The trailer looks promising. I'll shut up in a minute about this but I have to confess that I got such a kick out of Dagny Taggert in the book. This is what she looks like in the movie:


The thing about Dagny is that she loves those big ol' brains on men. If you're some sort of brainiac she'll be swooning all over you until a slightly higher IQ enters the picture. She's no dummy either but I've formed the mental image of this Mensa slut sashaying across the room towards Watson (that IBM supercomputer that's kicking butt on Jeopardy right now), leaning over the console and in a throaty whisper saying, "Please tell me you vibrate..."

Anyway, I currently swim in the Atlas Shrugged stream. Hop in, the water's fine!

Hmmmmm, at the gym the death toll continues to rise ever since I changed my deodorant.

allyMcBeal - gone!
deerHunter - gone!
IronMan - gone! ::though the promises to come back::

Who's next? Probably me but I kinda hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment