Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Live the Dream, Darn It!

So I must have behaved somewhat over the weekend having dropped four pounds when I weighed in on Monday. I'm still not happy with myself but so what? There are a lot of people not happy with Bill probably.

I've been on the stairclimber, on the spinner on a real bike (not so much) and after commuting home on one yesterday in the heat of the day decided to drive in today. Gosh that was awful and they're (yes 'they') doing all sorts of unnanounced to Bill work on the local rec center forcing me into a goFast type cyclocross event. This was unwanted and made me grumpy but probably not as grumpy as this dude (hmmmm, did you know if you drop the 'e' from dude you get dud? What's it mean? What's it meeeaaaaannnnn???) who was riding my butt in his car during my cranky ride home. I finally pull over since I was going to have to go wide to pass these parked cars and began motioning him with my head to pass my slow, sweaty ass.

He guns it, swings around me and literally pulls into the driveway three feet in front of me. I laugh, take a swig from the water bottle and wait for him to get out of the car so I could apologize for slowing him down. He sits in his car, idling waiting for me to leave figuring I was going to scream at him or something.

The ride home had that kind of vibe.

Sunday (the Lord's day) I'm out on some death march with the dog and my wife. We're in a park near my daughter's middle school and I come across something that forced me to take a snapshot with my crappy first generation iPhone camera:


Can't quite make that out huh? Well let's zoom in a bit - you'll thank me that the camera is so low rez it actually turns reality into some Monet view of the world. Your puny mind can't handle the high rez version.


mmhmm. Here in Ohio there are bikini clad girls willing to let middle aged men take their picture with a dog on Sunday. I don't think this was for the high school yearbook but who knows? Anyway I tip my morning Starbucks in salute to this young lady. Live the dream and I truly hope to see you on the cover of Sports Illustrated one day having come from such a humble beginning!

I hope you're living your dream too!

No comments:

Post a Comment