Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rum, Sodomy and the Lash

McBeal looks inquisitively at me, "You like Rihanna?"

I don't know. Crap er music appears on my iPod all the time that mystifies me. I reply, "My daughter probably put that on..." I'll have to listen to Disturbia at some point, it may provide insight on where her head's at, though I doubt it.

I'm kinda doing this Getting Reacquainted Tour in the gym although I don't know if that's what it will be or not. A lot of the regulars are there and they seemed glad to see me. goodMood bought me a bottle of water while I was hurting myself on a spinner since I forgot mine. That was GREAT! goodMood was glaring down at me from his StairClimber throne when I entered the gym. As I was futzing with the spinner he was asking all sorts of questions about it. He's 'spinner curious' the poor baby. I'll probably be shoving him off the darned thing after awhile but the boy needs a break from that stair climber.

Diablo is by me pointing out that the other spinner is broke with parts on order. My cynical side fires up and I mentally think, "That didn't take long." He's also got a few emails out on my Heart Rate monitor problem, trying to figure out how the machine can read ANT+ devices. He's also asking if there's anything he can do about my current malaise. I don't know but I appreciate the offer.

awesomeGirl also greeted me in the morning saying it was good to see me.

My wife and I went to the Dublin Irish Festival on Friday and listening to some of the Irish folk songs brought to mind The Pogues' album Rum, Sodomy and the Lash. I went looking for it on the iPod but alas it had been replaced with Rihanna I guess. I'm fixing that situations right now...

It was nice to be back, even if only for a bit, though I hope longer :-)

I met my love by the gas works wall
Dreamed a dream by the old canal
I kissed my girl by the factory wall
Dirty old town
Dirty old town - Dirty Old Town

No comments:

Post a Comment