Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Missing McBeal

I stole the following (caption and all) from the BikeSnob.

I hope she won

It reminded me of McBeal. I miss McBeal, her presence at the gym. McBeal is gone and not the "screw it all I hate exercise" gone that happens but gone, physically.

I have the pleasure of knowing Ally a bit and she's worth knowing if she'll letcha. But she strikes me as sort of a private person too so, much like her opinion on spandex (she has opinions on everything), knowing her is a privilege, not a right.

Given that, what can I tell you about her?

Well she hums with potential. I'm not even sure she's aware of it but it's all over her... humming. She came up to me all potentially and hummy a few weeks ago while I was pretending to do ABS and said, "I gave notice, my last day is..." whenever that was. I was both happy and sad. I knew I was going to miss her but I also knew she was going after her version of the American dream and she deserves that in spades.

Like that girl in the picture above, she is ready so let's go gosh darn it! And I watched her leave like a bullet from the chamber, like the time intoIt receded into the distance when he passed me on some country road.

Now she's pulling triggers all over the place like some white-bread gangsta BLAM BLAM BLAM. And it's amazing to watch her just doing it, going for it and I'm happy I'm even a little bit part of it. It inspires me. I hope I get to see how this story turns out and I'm sure it will be all Hollywood happy.

In short I hope Ally wins. I'm certain she will.

Speaking of intoIt that maniac just completed LOTOJA riding his bike 206 miles in just over ten hours (10:02:15) and King of the Mountians in the Masters age group (45+). We all have to call him King or Your Majesty now but face facts, he earned it.

Me? I'm trying to get ready for a forty mile bike ride this weekend that I'll just be happy to complete though I'll be trying for more than that. How can I not when I'm surrounded with all this hummy inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment