Wednesday, March 27, 2019

It's Just Another Whiny Wednesday

Dammit! I get about fifteen seconds into this exercise

Medium dumbbell reach/pull with march
2-3 x 30 seconds
“Crunch” start with arms up, pull arms down as you drive one knee up toward your chest, reach up as you lower your knee, and repeat)






and I'm doing it pretty much backwards, having my knee up and the stupid dumbbell over my head instead of at my chest.

I also, mildly, twinged my knee doing these 

Transverse twist (sumo punch)
2-3 x 30 seconds
Light dumbbells in each hand, set up with feet wide in “sumo squat” position, keeping arm in line with shoulder, jab across your chest (palm down), allow the knees to move with you, so your back knee will “drop” when you punch






I'll probably ask LT to give me something that requires less coordination or get it dumbed down enough that I can work up to the full nightmare once I "get it."

I'm hiding in the basketball area of the gym. No one needs to watch me trying to "get it" particularly at that time of the morning! Ironman strolls in to check on me and shoot the breeze, he's doing well and that's good. He's chastising me about not bringing in a water bottle, viewing my strolling down the hallway as slacking, but that's why he's Ironman and I'm wheezy. I may work up to that level of mania but I'm still working through getting into the gym at all! It's not exactly a struggle but it isn't a habit yet.

So I'm doing my lonely guy routines in the basketball court while pondering the mystery of the spin cycles. They're arranged in a perfect semi-circle around LT's bike, like a weird exercise crop circle or Stonehenge ... they shouldn't be here, should they? I have a need to know the backstory and no one to ask.

In the showers I'm confronted with another, darker mystery. Why is there shaving cream in the men's shower? I can't imaging trying to shave without a mirror, images of "the goo that was your face" fill my head.

Are we suppose to shave our legs for spin class? I'll have to ask LT but I have yet to hear her say, "Have you shaved your legs? Say 'yes.'" and I'm certain she'd say "yes" anyway just for the sport of it, not knowing how crazy I am.

I'd probably drop eight to twelve pounds just shaving my back! But I'll have to get better at stretching.

So many mysteries when one works out. I wonder if I'll ever solve them!

I'll leave you with this image ...


You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment