Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed

I wonder how long I can last? Unfortunately this isn't some Bangkok brothel, instead I'm standing before the hated StairMaster.

I'm dimly recalling my first experience on the stupid thing where I went five minutes and how much fun that was! I'm also happy about goodMood's insomnia which brought him in early and had him heading out when I arrived. Having goodMood on the StairMaster next to me would invite unwanted comparisons.

I mount the chthonic (yes, Bill has access to a thesaurus) device, press 'Quick Start' before I can think about it and begin upping the level. Bubbles use to have these little spread sheet jobbies printed on how to truly kill yourself on this thing. At my pinnacle I was able to complete the 'pansy' (or using the politically correct term 'beginner') level most of the time usually having to dial it down a bit towards the end. This time I'm plodding up the thing at level seven - when I hit a mile, covered in sweat I stop and head for the showers.

Three days in a row...

At the gym I'm rudderless, unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment