Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday, Sucky Burnout Onset

Bubbles is cranky and giving off this vibe that I'm the root cause of this crabbiness. The reality is probably merely half-true. I'm burning out so my mental acuity is going all wobbly.

This wobbliness was expected. Part of the process that I'm putting myself through. Again, I don't know why but something deep down is telling me to do it, suck it up buttercup. Go for burnout in a misguided, fuzzy attempt to try anything, anything at all to regain my former interest in exercise. Burn out this lethargy.

It rained most of yesterday but the clouds cleared and I was able to 11.5mi on the Madone. I was already feeling sore from the interval workout in the morning so decided to try and find the route intoIt was babbling about to a burg called Plain City. You have to love that name it rates right up there with Bland, Virginia. Although in Plain City's case they were probably thinking of plains like in High Plains Drifter and having their town destroyed by Clint Eastwood's ghost. But what do I know? So I head off down this road but I'm not a fan of it and make a mental note to up the priority of my helmet mirror although every car that passes me was very polite about it. I cross Industrial Highway and get to the top of this hill and don't see the right intoIt was vaguely describing but see a hard curve that I'm just not in the mood for. I turn around and ride for a bit longer before heading home. Most of the work was done in zone 2 and I felt better for it after it was done.

I may try and go for it tonight. I've never been to Plain City on a bike.

So this morning I get up, although the dog doesn't, read some news and drink some coffee before heading into the gym and doing thirty on the elliptical waiting for Bubbles to unveil her new routine. She did and pushed me at times during it. So ninety minutes this morning with more to follow tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment