Monday, July 12, 2010

Turning the Dial to "Suck"

It's Monday and I have to get my head back in the game, that must be why I'm stomping on this StairClimber at 6am pondering my past and future behavior while quietly steeling myself for the email onslaught I've studiously ignored while on vacation.

goodMood is rather ephemeral on the StairClimber next to me, a similar aura surrounds awesomeGirl. Like ghosts slowly coming into focus they're just not quite real yet. I'm wobbly because I've already had to do math this morning because there were no 20 minute StairClimber spreadsheets, only ten and fives. So I grabbed a ten minute one and tried to double it. I messed it up so when Bubbles came in all bubbly I pantingly made my request that she please print more before I kill myself with a cardiac infarction. I'm talking to her hunched down, so close to the controls of the machine that I'm kinda considering kissing them since I'm in the full grip of that oxygen deprived fugue state I tend to get in whenever I lift anything heavier than a pencil.


Heaven wafts by... No, no, no... one must not dwell in the past. I mentally shut the image down. I fall off the StairClimber and grab a fist full of cleaning wipes to wipe the soggy machine down when I notice McBeal sauntering in with an armful of 'vice' (People magazine) clutched to her chest. She hops on goodMood's freshly wiped down machine and starts trudging up the stairs while reading about if The Bachelor is gay or not. I don't know how that girl can do that, two things at once like read and go up stairs but her mind is far stronger than mine. Still it's kinda spooky.

I'm getting fed up with myself and my indolence. I get a drink from the water fountain (forgot the water bottle today) and get on the... what's it called? The... half ball thingy... oh yeah! BOSU ball and start doing crunches. I follow that with sit up get ups with the 10lb medicine ball before running completely out of steam at 14. Then my ABS give me a massive cramp so I stretch out by laying on my back on a stability ball until that passes. That was fun let me tell ya.

I stroll over to Bubble's throne and ask her about this ABS cramping thing.

"Were you drinking this weekend?"

"Maybe" ::glares at StairClimbing McBeal::

"Well that could have messed up your electrolytes."

Figures. I'm tired of this half-assed lifestyle I've been leading of late. When I was at 205 and 15lbs from my 190lb goal I got quite discouraged when I couldn't get the weight down (this was back when I was doing some hellish Bubbles HEAT course) so I just kicked it into idle and started to coast. I clocked in at 217 today.

Enough.

It's time to 'push it.' Rev up my metabolism to some high chittering whine like a floored gas pedal with the car in neutral ... I'll probably fail but so what? I hope I have enough character to go down swinging.

Taking a deep breath Bill cranks the exercise meter to 'SUCK'

No comments:

Post a Comment