Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On Loathing Contador


Bike Snob, although refusing to commit (the pansy!) to an actual position on the matter, put it best on why I despise Contador:

On one hand, character is an important part of what makes a great champion, and while there's certainly no rule that you should wait for a competitor it is often observed nonetheless. Even Lance "No Gifts" Armstrong famously waited for Jan Ullrich in 2001 after the magenta-clad German crashed into a ditch. In actively attacking Schleck and capitalizing on bad luck rather than superior strength, Contador may have squandered the sort of good will that one day could be worth more than a few seconds, and should he win the Tour de France his legacy could be tainted.

Anyway, I hate Contador, viewing this sort of opportunism as poor sportsmanship. I have to get those shades though...

I attempted to do intervals on the spinner today - I'm probably going to talk to a trainer and see if there's anyway I can get my HR strap synced with the machine. It's pretty tough without the heart rate feedback to listen to Josh telling me, "Make your thighs burrrnnnn" ::shudders - I mean honestly I'd have no trouble making my thighs burn for Jill:: while trying to keep my HR in some zone. I'm curious on how I did on this workout so lets have a looksee shall we?


I can't make heads nor tails of that - it's kinda interval-ie, if you really, really wish it to be so - sigh.

My one, true, consistent reader 'Anonymous' ::waves to mom:: posted a comment on yesterday's post, "Stop whining." Serendipity sprang into action when I logged into blogger this morning and discovered I was able to add a new 'thingy' at the bottom of each post.

I quickly added 'whiny' to the 'Reactions:' section, clicked save and now can't find it in blogger's byzantine settings. If I could I'd remove 'cool' - I'm incapable of cool. Also you now have the option of sharing my whiny rants across various social networks spreading my apostate bad mood.

How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment