Friday, April 30, 2010

Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed

I had a doctor's appointment Tuesday with the delightful Dr. Lynn. Getting to said delightful Dr. is an undertaking that Odysseus would balk at. I left my eye rolling wife an hour before the appointment and got there three minutes late. It should have been twenty minutes max except they (yes 'they') are constantly building something on campus and have no time for patients. My blood pressure reflected my ire.

But that's in the ago, all I can say is I enjoy the time with Dr. Lynn, she's a hoot!

I swam upstream through the rest of the day with this angst hanging over me that something BAD is going to happen. It hasn't yet but the feeling is still there. The TOSRVS toyed with me about the morning spin class today trying to bate me into committing to no avail. They understand my twisted psychology, once I commit I will be there come hell or high water.

My mistress, a harsh wanty/needy dominatrix, would frown on me breaking our scheduled time together. Promising to fill the house with whines, yelping and caterwauling should I even consider leaving her dungeon before the arrival of the second shift. Her name is Layla and from 5-6am I am her bitch.

So I got to the gym around 6:30am unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed and decided that I'd do my 30min interval workout on the upright bike. This is broken down into a minute of 'work' on level thirteen followed by two minutes of rest at level seven.

About halfway through it I break. It was the darnedest thing. My legs just wouldn't turn the crank on the work interval, I had to dial back to the rest interval twice, just trying to heed goFast's advice and keep the pedals turning. I may babble about that more in the future. On the last work interval I managed (barely) to get through it at level 13 with a cadence in the 120s but sheesh!

Since then it's just been one hectic thing after another. Mostly with the Hell Hound Layla, who's actually pretty good for being Satan spawn. We took her for her first vet visit which lasted forever since it was her first visit. She has worms (ew!) but we're dealing with them.

As I sprinted home from work yesterday I glanced forlornly at my bike standing in it's bike stand. I'm not sure how to cope with that yet, not only is the dog causing adjustments but now work has managed to amp itself up into the redline like a GTO (remember those? Now they were 'smart' cars American style back when we built muscle machines) at a stoplight revved dangerously high while the driver (management) pretends they're not stomping on the gas and the car always sounds like this. So that's been distracting.

And we're putting in a new patio. My wife took a picture but mostly just observes from the window looking all dreamy, wistfully waiting for the new patio I'm sure. Once it's done and the crew has left I'll post a pic of it. But here's the work so far. Whatcha think?

Layla Shamelessly Shakes Her Booty Like a Lap Dancer Hoping for a Pat From Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment