Wednesday, April 7, 2010

And We're Back...

... from Poland. Sorry for the outage if any of you are still about.

I have a lot to say about Poland but not today. Today is for catching up and what not.

I couldn't believe the temperature this morning, sixty six degrees? I rode my bike in hoping I built enough karma to avoid the projected afternoon thunderstorms. I'm also trying to do a reset on myself so I faced the big bad scales and that heartless bitch told me that I had put on eight pounds since last checking with her. I'm now at 213.

Call me butterBill.

I ride the bike in and it was very pleasant at 4:40am other than nearly getting beaned by the dude chucking newspapers out of his van. Even though I hadn't weighed in I knew the score on that so I did 20mins on the stair climber and had some mild excitement on the Garmin since I had reset the MaxHR to 174, well today it peaked out at 177 and the Garmin started this bizarre bleating.

Sweat is pouring into my eyes, I think I'm at level 14 (I'm doing the 'beginner' stair climber 20min workout - so whatever the highest level is on that one, I think goodMood warms up on it) and I have about thirty seconds left on that work interval. I'm confused, "What's up with the alarm?"

I look up at the device and it says, "ZONE 6" and annoyingly bleats again and then says, "Your heart rate is too high!"

Oh dear God I'm going to die! But I'm not backing off the level 14! I only have fifteen seconds left, I CAN MAKE IT! As I'm stumbling up the steps listening to the Garmin klaxon I'm thinking, "I didn't even know 'ZONE 6' existed... I'm some sort of GOD!!!"

It takes a minute or so for me to bring my HR back down to where the Garmin will shut up about it but I manage after dialing back the level at the appropriate time. Then I do my stretches, another goal of mine being that I don't have to lay my bike on the ground so that I can... how do I say this without sounding dirty?... mount it. Then I walk for fifteen on the treadmill before calling it a day.

IronMan was telling me how JRock and his daughter, returning from spring break in F-L-A gave him a new lunch box.

Grainy early morning iPhoto pic of IronMan's cool lunchbox!

Then IronMan tells me about a buddy of his who was having a 'Monday' though I'm not sure it was on par with ponyTail's Monday facebook status of, "3 words can summarize today: God Damn It! (just one of those days... oh well, tomorrow shall be better)" Anyhow IronMan was telling this guy about the blog and his nickname and what not trying to improve his mood which apparently it did. The next day IronMan noticed something new on his truck, can you spot it?

Grainy early morning iPhoto pic of IronMan's cool front of his car!

How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment