Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Zombies for Algernon

My boss (who needs a blog name) is entertaining another pretty cool idea, "You know Pride, Prejudice and Zombies? Hack work but suppose you applied it to Flowers for Algernon?" It has been decades since I read Flowers so I had to brush up on it a bit, it's a great, sad book where mentally disabled Charlie through an operation becomes a super genius but only for awhile and then it slowly becomes undone.

Looking concerned my boss says, "Now apply that to zombies, where you have to battle them but you're keep getting dumber!"

My boss is obsessed with zombies, probably because they'll work for brains and do what they're told once fed. Honestly I'm not sure why on the obsession but I'm intrigued by the Algernon idea and begin fleshing it out.

Mentally disabled Bill has been given an injection of a drug that makes him a super genius and he decides to share this gift with the world. Bill creates a batch of kool-aid that will make the drinker filled with super genius-osity but crosses molarity with molality (the silly) when mixing up the batch of virus kool-aid stuff (look, I'll get the terms right when I write the bastard - 'K?!) and instead of bettering mankind unleashes a zombie apocalypse.

Will Bill undo the damage he's done before he becomes too stupid to help??!! Oh look Archer's on, I've got time for that...

All I know is if there's a zombie apocalypse you might want to be near my boss if you want to stay alive, then again he might end up shoving you towards the shuffling hoard if needed. I can't vouch for the guy under those circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment