Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Get Your Cadence ON!

I bring the bike to a full stop on the way into work today allowing a mama and two baby skunks to cross the road in front of me. There's no reason for anyone in this scenario to get dangerously excited. A bit further up the road a car approaches from my right and I break cadence keeping a good eye in this person, making sure he sees me. He does and I pass in front of him (or her) safely. As I'm getting ready to ascend the Alp de Overpass an entire cavalcade of cars come down the hill causing me to once again break cadence and come to a complete stop and wait for them to pass on by.

It's 5:18am in the morning. What's up with all this activity? What are skunks doing in the suburbs?

I had a pretty good ride in yesterday (avg cadence of 81, avg HR of 129) but not so much today (avg cadence 72, avg HR of 110). Yes, it's tough to get my cadence on. I idly wonder while atoning on the StairMaster if the entire day is going to go that way.

"Get your cadence on!" Is a technical bike phrase that I just made up. Think of it as some geek expression I'd utter when I'm desperately trying to sound cool and failing miserably. You'd probably hear Dick Vitale spew it if he was commenting on The Tour de France ::Bill solemnly bows head and prays to the Lord on high that such a horror never comes to pass::, "There goes Armstrong! He's really got his cadence on today! He's a PTPer (Primo Thigh Pumper) baby! I think Armstrong could win this thing if he'd only replace Bruyneel with Krzyzewski, gosh I sure love Duke..."

Anyway I'm hoping for some rhythm today, may you find yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment