Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Silent Commute

He saunters towards the gym unaware of the silent death that approaches. He slings his gym bag over his right shoulder and reaching down for his badge catches something out of the corner of his eye.

But he's too late.

Too, too late.

@#&^%@!!! He jumps back, startled, from the front wheel of my bike that's nearly touching him. I'm grinning while IronMan clutches his heart and mutters, "Jeesh Bill, you really startled me!" I can't seem to stop grinning, it's been awhile since I've seen IronMan, due to my indolence and his being on vacation. and I'm just plain glad to see him.

We yak for a bit, he seems to have had a great time on his vacation. goodMood is doing his PX90 thing and I'm doing crunches when I hear Bubbles (who's birthday was yesterday) yakking with awesomeGirl. It was good to see her again, she's cut her hair and looks happy.

I'm stumbling around the gym doing various lifts and crunches, trying to wrap my head around it. Mainly I'm beginning to lose faith in myself on the discipline front. I need to make adjustments on how I look at the problem, approach it sideways like a crab.

The Tour is starting soon... maybe that will inspire me.

Ready for the commute to work

No comments:

Post a Comment