Monday, June 28, 2010

GIrly Girls

I confess that girly girls fascinate me; so you can imagine my reaction to this wonder when I was parking my commuter bike at work.


This is as near a total girls bike as you can get, only missing some large wicker basket in the front and a chain guard. The lack of a chain guard surprised me but the other details are nice touches, like the matching handlebar purse (to hold one's bike gloves, mace and a pistol). I absolutely dig the compass on the bike bell along with the serious headlight and those panniers are true girly wonders!

I'm certain the thing weighs more than my car.

Me? I'm easing my way back into the gym, I think. I did 21 miles on the bike on Sunday and feeling my thighs press into my gut as I 'hammered' the pedals was not a pleasant experience. As of this morning I clocked in at 218 and I'm staring at a week long vaca in NC coming all too soon with its barbecue and lazing about. Whatev. I'll keep trying to bring my stupid sweet tooth into balance with my nature but I don't have high hopes. I think endlessly whining, er blogging about my ordeal helps.

I got to 67% through Atlas Shrugged on the Kindle before someone at work decided to 'evaluate' it themselves. SHEESH I'll never finish that book. That coworking Kindle evaluating pal of mine has definitely made the list of people I'm annoyed with.

Finally, as this video clearly illustrates being a girly girl only works for girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment