Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rationing and the New Trainer

I'm slowly forming a very uninformed opinion on the new trainer who's holding down the fort while Bubbles is discovering exactly what parenthood means. First, for those of you wondering, yes, she's hot. Second she's qualified given her little demo of running on the BOSU balls before ABS/HEAT today.

I tried it and made two steps before going all wobbly and hopping off the infernal devices. New Trainer smiled at me saying, "It helps with the core." By the way, that's not the new trainer, that's an instructional pic on how to run on BOSU balls.

It's always about the core ::rolls eyes:: but tireTosser got me thinking while I sat in the locker room, "What if you're rotten to the core?"

I have no time for his Kōan nonsense at the moment! I'm a busy man.

New Trainer is gonna need a name, thing is I can't give her one yet because I haven't hung with her enough to get a read. I'm afraid to take one of her classes (scoping out the HEAT class this morning, it didn't look pleasant) and she tends to hang in the office eating breakfast and what not when I'm about. Once I asked her if she was hiding from us gym rats. She laughed and said, "Yes."

I kinda doubt that, she gives off this paradoxical shy/ass kicking vibe, so I'm toying with mightyMouse as a name.

MarathonMan sent me the following pic off the treadmill:


Nice work, overloading a treadmill is no small feat! And perhaps it's this awesome effort or ObamaCare, probably ObamaCare that caused Diablo to begin rationing time on the treadmills.

Effective immediately, we ask that all treadmill users limit their total treadmill time to 30 minutes. This policy will apply only when other members are awaiting the use of a treadmill.

So there you have it. Rationing. Now I freely admit that I don't have the full story on this but that's never stopped me before. Personally I'm agnostic on this treadmill thing, not so much on ObamaCare and the way it's been 'enacted' into law.

Whatev. I'll save that rant for a future date, at least I don't have Hitler's problems at the moment. Here's the link for my facebook pals.

2 comments:

  1. BOSU balls are evil. You should see the shoulder rehab program they had me do with one. I showed Sara at the Wellzone to of the moves and she was like, "Oooh, that looks like fun!" which is never what you want to hear your trainer say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please explain what on GOD'S GREEN EARTH you were thinking when you showed Sara these things???!!!

    ReplyDelete