Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Apostate Bill

Grey, desperation, deception, it will never end... winter. This is the winter of my discontent. It just goes on and on. How did I end up in this Ohio purgatory? To hear some, I should 'Blame Bush.' Yesssss he's the reason, the patsy, the perpetual fall guy. But it rings hollow in this case, no this everlasting winter is not his fault, it's Al Gore's if I'm gonna blame my lethargy, my indolence, and indifference on anyone other than myself then I pick Al Gore!

And still it doesn't matter, winter continues to wear me down unabated. Grey, boredom, sameness. I should knock over a bank just to liven things up a bit. I keep giving things up, fun things, addictive things, things that are bad for me, or so I'm told. Maybe they're not bad for me.

And what do I get in return? Sleepless nights and sore elbows and now this bump on my upper lip, you know that indentation under the nose, WikiAnsers tells me it's the philtrum, well that's more like swelling, not a bump really and now it's starting to get so big that it's looking kinda like a butt... under my nose.

Why? Why do I have a butt under my nose? I'm trying to be good, maybe that's the problem. Good people get butts under their noses right before they go bonkers cuz they bit off more than they could chew during lent. The idiots. I'm going to have to do something to bring this back under control, something so far over the line that people won't be able to actually tell if you're over the line or not because their minds just can't quite grasp it. That is if anything comes to me.

I don't know, I've been toying with the idea of becoming an apostate. The dictionary informs me it's, "a person who renounces a religious or political belief or principle." In this case the belief of exercise or maybe the life style. Let's try that on:

I renounce exercise.

::shrug:: I mean really, so what? I've already renounced exercise and then found it again and now I'm going to renounce it again like Jennifer O'Neill goes through marriages? Boring.

It's obvious I'm deeply confused and once again the sole known cure is medicinal marijuana which is of course illegal in this state. So instead I must rely on 'reason' and 'logic' whatever they are.

Some of you might be wondering if I'm actually, um, bothering to exercise anymore.

Yeah, sorta. My heart's not in it though.

Today at the gym the wave of FNGs continued. This is a good thing but it kinda feels like a passing of the guard. ponyTail wasn't there, deerHunter a no show, IronMan takes Wednesday's off. It was me, goodMood, myPeg and a bunch of FNGs. I did thirty five minutes of 'fat burn' on the bike and thought about whatever while hammering out an average cadence of 101 and pretending I was actually riding a bike in the middle of nowhere cornfield USA. I hopped off the bike and blew off the crunches I told myself I was gonna do, heading for the showers.

My son sent me a pic awhile back that I think I even used in this blog once. I think it's going to be my kind of 'icon'? 'Avatar'? Symbol of some sort. It comforts me in it's unnaturalness. It's a pic of a proud and graceful giraffe that's let himself go a wittle bit and is trying to find his way back to his former glory... or not, he might be just fine where he's at. What do I know about giraffes?

No comments:

Post a Comment