Monday, December 14, 2009

Thoughts of Tomorrow

The weekend was tough on the diet and there was slippage, yes I did partake of unholy calories and I liked it! I wanted to get into the gym over the weekend but Christmas angst got in the way so I went shopping and baked cookies with my family. I also got to see both my kids blow glass and make Christmas ornaments for the tree, how cool is that?

As I did my interval workout on the bike I was pondering various future events. Bubbles has but two more opportunities to kill me in H.E.A.T. before I make my anniversary date in the gym. I'm also wondering where I should go with this blog. I know I'll continue documenting my little descent into madness until 28 December but I'm not sure if I will after that. A year is a long time to try and blog consistently and I'm wondering if I have anything more to say about it. It feels 'stale' or repetitious but a lot of exercise is just that, repetition.

Anyway, it's in the back of my mind as I hammer out a cadence on the bike, particularly H.E.A.T. which I'm masochistically dreading.

Across the board I'm a mess.

My right knee is stiff and my right elbow, along with its inflamed tendon is making this lovely 'crunching' noise. I have an appointment with the dread doctor on Friday who might be able to lend a hand. I'll broach the topic of medicinal marijuana again with her but even though it's Christmas I'm reasonably certain that my pleas will fall upon deaf ears. But even with the annoying pain I plan to bang on.

Weighed in at 201.5 - so at least I didn't gain over the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment