Friday, May 4, 2012

So farang, what's your excuse?

I finished Vulture Peak Wednesday night, prompting a bizzarre 'book review' in Facebook:

I totally dig this weird Bangkok detective! Start at the beginning - Bangkok 8 - I simply must check this place out while I can still enjoy the temptation of serious decadence, which I'm certain to resist but must face ... naked, toasted and alone. Alone? Where's the trial in that? Maybe without family and friends in the Soi Cowboy but dressed, yeah even Bangkok probably has limits on nude farangs stumbling around their red light district battling temptation... zen like I must ponder the horrible temptations only I can face before ... yes I must think on this, one should not approach Bangkok lightly.

I don't know what it is with these books but I usually end up calling everyone a 'farang' for a week or so until the fit passes. Sonchai Jitpleecheep seems to reach deeply into my psyche.

On Wednesday the evil that is Bubbles had me do both spinning in the morning followed by a 12 noon exercise class that I had no idea I was doing because well I forgot to check but it's still her fault! My system was so shell shocked from almost two hours of exercise that I walked the monster that is Layla in the morning, trying to recuperate. Getting home on Thursday in the 90 degree heat I was offering my kids (who are well on the way to #occupyBillsBasement) $20 to mow the lawn. They declined putting another nail into capitalism's coffin and I found myself bagging the lawn and getting a really good workout (::rolls eyes::)! Honestly, I'm too old for this but I do need the cardio - groan - kill me, I'm talking like an old fogey now ("I need the cardio" - sheesh where did that come from?!).

Well off to another meeting - I'm trying to get Sonchai out of my head but I kind of like him there at the moment. The good doctor and I are encouraging each other in email to do some exercise daily and that's all I care to report on that.

Me love you longtime farang - FIVE DOLLAH!

sigh - hush Bangkok, no need to scare the natives.

No comments:

Post a Comment