Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Boy with Self-Righteous Eyes...

I'm struggling with how I'm to motivate another when I can't motivate myself. I drug myself out of bed this morning, last night thunderstorms keeping me awake, forcing me to idly browse my Twitter feed at 3am and I'm groggy. I pretty much don't want to do this gig but I will because I'm certain I've misunderstood our agreement but I figure I have to log it. Hoping if I do it then you will too. Whatev.

So I have a 'hard eight' meeting and I'm already running late but I manage to get on the spinner and crank out 35mins of intervals. I'm listening to RedEye on my iPod but I'm figuring that you probably aren't - what do you listen to or are you reading some journal or book while working that elliptical? If it's hard I've found that music helps more than some podcast but I'm pretty hooked on RedEye at the moment.

After I pop off the bike I notice that I've forgotten to shave! YAY - rugged Bill or hungover Bill, depending on your world view, will have to get through the day. I have no time to go home and shave and honestly no one here will notice.

As I head into work I greet a coworker - he avoids the self-righteous brightness in my eyes (I've been exercising nigh on thirty minutes!) and I enjoy feeling that I have a leg up - until I read my email.

Don't you want to enjoy staring down someone with bright, self-righteous eyes too?

No comments:

Post a Comment