Friday, September 17, 2010

Rest Day - It's All About Planning Now

About time 'they' posted my classified, sheesh!

My trainer-wife has told me today is a rest day filled with carbo-loading which is why I'm on my third beer at 8am but I'm fine, I'M FINE. When you've honed your body to a razor's edge like I wish I had done you too can stumble around swilling beer at all hours of the day and wonder why you're gaining weight between binges and humping spinners in the wee hours of the morning.

Until then sit your candy butt down and watch the pros, wannabee.

So I'm gabbing with notPonyTail, which is ponyTail's evil corporate avatar, in other words the person who comes out of the locker room after her workout all ponytail-less. I doubt she's actually evil but I'm pretty sure she's capable of it, if the mood's on, anyway one tries not to make eye contact with notPonyTail cuz she's pretty intense when she's all corporate. Definitely not the minion type.

Anyhoo, I'm yakking with notPonyTail in the cafeteria, avoiding eye contact after dutifully delivering my wife her Friday death doughnut (my wife is genetically immune to the horrifying side effects of death doughnuts like weight gain) about our short order cook and how it's not in our best interest to ever let her have a day off. She is a marvel of efficiency and when she's on vaca and they have to call in "Bob from AccountTemps" it's not pretty. The line usually backs up around the building, there's always some sort of riot or altercation and everyone gets just a little... tenser. We were also trying to figure out how to get a tip jar for her but our not-for-profit status complicates that. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

The following motivational sign pretty much sums up how 'prepared' I feel for tomorrow's ride...

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment